Council on Occupational Education (COE)
Emily Griffith Technical College is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
The Council on Occupational Education, based in Atlanta, Georgia, offers quality assurance services to postsecondary workforce education providers across the nation. Organized as a non-profit corporation, the mission of the Council is to assure quality and integrity in career and technical education. Services offered include institutional accreditation (recognized by the U.S. Department of Education), program quality reviews and states and workforce education providers, and informational services. For more information, please visit www.council.org.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
The Emily Griffith Technical College Practical Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
ACEN supports the interests of nursing education, nursing practice, and the public by the functions of accreditation. Accreditation is a voluntary, peer-review, self-regulatory process by which non-governmental associations recognize educational institutions or programs that have been found to meet or exceed standards and criteria for educational quality. Accreditation also assists in the further improvement of the institutions or programs as related to resources invested, processes followed, and results achieved. The monitoring of certificate, diploma, and degree offerings is tied closely to state examination and licensing rules and to the oversight of preparation for work in the profession.
For more information, please visit www.acenursing.org.
Additional accreditations as specified:
- Apprenticeship and Related Instruction - Federal Bureau of Apprenticeship Training
- Automotive Collision Repair Technology - Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Automotive Technician - Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Bakery and Commercial Baking - Retail Bakers of America
- Barber/Styling, Cosmetology - Colorado State Board of Barbers/Cosmetologists
- Home Health Aide - State Board of Nursing
- Nursing Assistant - State Board of Nursing
- Practical Nursing - State Board of Nursing
- Real Estate - State Real Estate Commission and Board of Appraisers
Upcoming Related Events
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.
Planning an event? Let Emily's Catering help. Check out our catering menu.... more »
From our students...
I chose EGTC because I heard through my school it was the best, because it allowed me to get my certificate and still be on time with high school.