Bring your English speaking and listening skills to the next level
About the Advanced Discussion course:
This course is designed to work on advanced level speaking and listening skills through the study of discussion and discussion strategies. In this class, you will:
- analyze grammar points to help aid with communication
- create logical argument and critical thinking skills
- gain confidence while speaking in a formal/informal situation
- develop impromptu responses that are organized coherently
- catch the main idea of the speaker, take notes and paraphrase
- lead and participate in group discussions
- appropriately debate issues in groups through Q&A
Who should take the Advance Discussion class?
Any student who tests into Level 4 ESL or higher who wants higher level ESL study to either function better in a business communicative setting or who wants extended higher level English study in preparation for communicative settings at the technical or community college or university.
To enroll in an advanced or elective ESL course visit the Language Learning Center at the Emily Griffith Campus for a free assessment test to determine if you are ready for the program. We are located at 1860 Lincoln St, Denver, CO 80203, Room 426. Or call 720-423-4750 for more information.