Career Readiness English for Refugees
Colorado's most-experienced English school for refugees
English classes are FREE for refugees! Emily Griffith is an excellent resource for new arriving refugees to learn English, continue their education and achieve a long-lasting career.
Due to Coronavirus, all English classes will be remote starting April 7.
We will offer the following remote Career Readiness English as a Second Language (CRESL), also known as Colorado Refugee ESL classes: Multi-skills Level 1, 2, 3, 4, and
Schedule and Class Descriptions:
CRESL Levels 3, 4, and 5 will consist of online learning modules with tasks that students can complete at any time of the day or night as well as scheduled virtual class sessions and office hours (mornings and afternoons for convenience) where students can interact directly with classmates and teachers via video conference.
CRESL Level 2 will be a combination of some online lessons as well as online meetings and online exercises using Facebook.
CRESL Level 1 will be a combination of learning packets that will be mailed to students at home in addition to communication with class and teacher using What's App.
If you want to continue studying English, please email LearnEnglish@emilygriffith.edu and provide your first name and last name, student ID or date of birth, and home address. We will reply with instructions about next steps.
If you have questions, please email us at LearnEnglish@emilygriffith.edu or text us at 720-593-1692. For more information and updates about the school closure due to Coronavirus please visit our website.
Career Readiness English as a Second Language (CRESL) also known as Colorado Refugee ESL classes are funded by the Colorado Refugee Services Program. All individuals with refugee, asylum or ORR status can attend CRESL classes for free for up to 5 years. Students can start any Monday.
Scholarships to pay for college certificate programs are also available for refugees and asylees.
Registration & Testing Hours
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Thursday & Friday
English to prepare for a job!
- FREE for refugees & asylees for up to 5 years
- Open Enrollment: start any Monday
- Day and evening classes
- Attend classes before or after work shift
- 5 Levels: literacy to high intermediate
- Computer classes
- Most diverse English language school in Colorado
- Access to more than 20 college certificate programs
- Preparation for HSE
- Serving Denver, Aurora and beyond
Download the CRESL Curriculum Guide for free. We provide this resource for educators, ELA professionals and anyone who is interested in learning more about our intensive career readiness English program.
Did you know?
Did you know that more than 2,000 refugees find hope, as well as a new home, in Colorado each year? The Language Learning Center helps these newcomers adjust to the changes that they encounter. We offer free English classes and job-skills training to refugees in our Career Readiness English as a Second Language (CRESL) program. We are honored to assist individuals who have been on a long journey to make it to Denver, Aurora and surrounding areas. Their eagerness to learn is a driving force in our program.
- The Language Learning Center teaches English to more than 1,200 refugees every year.
- Refugees arrive in Colorado from all over the world, including Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe.
- The largest number of refugees in our classes come from Burma (Myanmar), Iraq, Bhutan, Somalia, Congo, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Sudan.
- Many refugees arrive speaking little or no English, but after studying at Emily Griffith are able to find jobs in just 6 months.
- Refugees enrolled at Emily Griffith are eligible for scholarships of up to $5,000 per year to go to college and complete career and technical certificate programs.
You can help!
Need more information?
Upcoming Related Events
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.Hours:
CLOSED DURING THE EXTENDED SPRING BREAK... more »