The Cosmetology Program will prepare you to work as a cosmetologist, hairstylists, and manicurist. You'll gain the skills to provide beauty services such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, styling, manicures, and pedicures. This program will also prepare you to pass the state-licensing exam given by the Colorado Barber/Cosmetology Board.
Why consider becoming a cosmetologist?
Work in a creative industry with fun people
Be on the cutting edge of the beauty and fashion industry
Interact with clients everyday and meet new people
Work towards managing or owning your own salon
Complete classes and start earning in less than one year
What's the pay range for cosmetology jobs?
- Hourly Pay = $9.17
- Annual Salary = $19,070
- Hourly Pay = $16.35
- Annual Salary = $34,018
What types of jobs can I choose to learn?
- Color consultant
- Nail tech
- Receptionist at salon
- Retail beauty product sales
- Salon manager or owner
What types of companies can I work for?
- Beauty schools
- Beauty supply companies
- Chain hair salons (Cost Cutters, Fantastic Sam's, Great Clips, etc.)
- Fashion industry: makeup artist or stylist
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Manicure shops
Program Start Dates:
- Day Program: March 13, 2014
- Eventing Program: Please see your advisor
- Day Program: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Evening Program: Monday - Thursday; 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Qualified Federal Financial Aid Program
- Total Contact Hours: 1,218.00
- Total Credit Hours: 70.00
- Estimated Program Cost: $8,145.00 plus books and materials
- Estimated Time to Complete: day program - 10 months; evening program - 20 months
- The estimated costs are for reference only. Exact prices will be assigned during the registration process.
Financial Aid Office: 720-423-4744
Financial Aid Fax: 720-423-4903
Hours: M-W 8am-6pm; TH-F 8am-3pm
Note: Not all programs qualify. Please click on the Cost tab to see if your program qualifies.
Need more information?
Student Workshop: Add and Subtract Values
Time: 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Phlebotomy Information Meeting
Time: 3:00pm to 4:00pm
Medical Administrative Assistant (Office) Informational Meeting
Time: 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Barbering students give cuts, shaves, facials, dyes and styles at low cost while they master their trade. Emily Griffith Technical College has been training Colorado's best barbers for over 75 years. Our... more »
From our students...
I chose EGTC because I heard through my school it was the best, because it allowed me to get my certificate and still be on time with high school.