- Build your career in Metro Denver's thriving restaurant industry!
- Hundreds of immediate openings for line and prep cooks in professional kitchens
- Demand is expected to continue to increase by 32% in the next 10 years
- Free, 4-week fast track training program that prepares you to enter the restaurant industry as an experienced line cook or prep cook
- Includes a hiring fair where you have the opportunity to get hired by some of the best restaurants in the industry
- Earn your ServSafe Certification
- Class meets Monday through Friday, 5:30 pm-9:30 pm for a total of 80 hours
- Emily Griffith Technical College, 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO 80203
- No cost to participants
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Kitchen 101 Vocabulary
- Kitchen Workplace Safety
- Food Safety
- Knife Skills & Safety
- Recipe Reading & Conversions
- Prep & Production
- Cooking Methods
- Ingredient Identification
- Vegetable Prep & Production
- Fruit Prep & Production
- Temperature Danger Zone
- Basic Sauces
- Mother Sauces
- ServSafe Certification Prep
Career Services Workshop: Hiring Fair Prep
- Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Networking
- What hiring chef's are looking for in candidates
- Career Pathways
Upcoming Start Dates:
Enrollment begins 30 days prior to the start date of each class.
May 21 - June 15
- Orientation: Monday, May 21
- Hiring Fair: Wednesday, June 13
- Last Class/ServSafe Exam: Friday, June 15
June 25th through July 20th
- Hiring Fair: July 18th
August 13th through September 7th
- Hiring Fair: September 5th
September 17th through October 12th
- Hiring Fair: October 10th
Upcoming Classes to Be Announced....
Upcoming Related Events
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.Hours:
Emily's Cafe is open to the public Monday,... more »
From our students...
I chose EGTC because I heard through my school it was the best, because it allowed me to get my certificate and still be on time with high school.