Legal Secretary/Assistant Program
This is a fast track program for individuals who are currently working in a general office position and want to enter the legal field. The program emphasis is on legal office procedures, legal terminology, transcribing, and formatting legal documents. Students entering this program must show they are proficient in the following: 45 to 50 wpm on a five-minute timing with no more than five errors and CIS 118 Intro PC Applications.
Why consider becoming a legal administrative assistant?
Earn salaries of $22,000 - $50,000 per year depending on experience
Utilize your skills by working in a multi-task environment
Learn to prepare legal documents
Flexible class schedules make learning convenient
Acquire an understanding of legal terminology and procedures
What is the average pay for legal administrative assistant jobs?
- Hourly Pay = $21.06
- Annual Salary = $43,807
- Hourly Pay = $27.70
- Annual Salary = $57,617
Legal Support Workers
- Hourly Pay = $14.89 - $28.24
- Annual Salary = $30,972 - $58,735
Administrative assistantWhat types of jobs can I choose to learn?
- Legal assistant
- Legal secretary
What types of companies can I work for?
- Bank trust departments
- Community legal services program
- Government agencies
- Insurance agencies
- Investment firms
- Large corporations
- Law firms
- Real estate and title agencies
Program Start Dates:
- Day Program: March 12, 2014 and April 9, 2014.
- Eventing Program: Hybrid online classes with monthy start dates.
- Day Program: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Evening Program: Monday - Thursday; 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Total Contact Hours: 421.25
- Total Credit Hours: 22 Hours
- Estimated Program Cost: $2,244.00 plus books and materials
- Estimated Time to Complete: day program - 5 months; evening program - 16 months
- The estimated costs are for reference only. Exact prices will be assigned during the registration process.
Financial Aid Office: 720-423-4744
Financial Aid Fax: 720-423-4903
Hours: M-W 8am-6pm; TH-F 8am-3pm
Note: Not all programs qualify. Please click on the Cost tab to see if your program qualifies.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|Complete PC Word Processing||
|Business Editing Skills||
|Legal Office Procedures||
|Legal Transcrip Hands-on Lab||
|Legal Terminology & Procedures||
|Word Processing Techniques II||