Location, Address and Parking
Emily Griffith Technical College and High School
EGTC is centrally located in downtown Denver with easy access to RTD bus routes and light rail. Emily Griffith Technical Colleges of Health Sciences, Creative Arts and Design, Business and Technology, along with the Adult Education & Language Learning Center and Continuing Education Division have moved to 1860 Lincoln Street. EGTC’s College of Trades and Industry and some of the non-credit Continuing Education Division will remain the block at 1261 Glenarm. In the fall of 2015, these programs will move to a new branch campus at 1201 Osage Street in the Lincoln Park Alma neighborhood.
1860 Lincoln Street
Denver, CO 80203
College of Trades and Industry and Some Continuing Education Division Classes
Emily Griffith Technical College provides limited student parking. Students may purchase a parking tag to park in a lot designated by the school. Parking spaces are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Douglas Parking at 303-377-2546 or email email@example.com. Additional information on nearby parking is available at the main lobby desk.
Emily Griffith Technical College is centrally located in downtown Denver with easy access to RTD bus routes and light rail. You can learn more by contacting RTD at www.rtd-denver.com or 303-299-6000.
Students now have option of taking RTD’s new Free MetroRide, a speedier and equally reliable alternative to the 16th Street Free MallRide. The MetroRide runs during principal business hours, providing downtown commuters with a frequent service that brings them to direct stops with key connecting routes. This includes Union Station, Denver’s central hub for all incoming and outgoing transportation options. Circulating every 5 to 10 minutes, the Free MetroRide is a great free-of-cost option for students in need of punctual and dependable transportation to wherever they need to go.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday
6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Civic Center to Union Station stops:
- 17th Ave. & Lincoln St.
- 18th St. & Glenarm Pl.
- 18th St. & California St.
- 18th St. & Curtis St.
- 18th St. & Lawrence St.
- 18th St. & Market St. (coming soon)
- 18th St. & Wazee St.
Union Station to Civic Center stops:
- Union Station Bus Concourse
- 19th St & Blake St.
- 19th St & Lawrence St.
- 19th St & Curtis St.
- 19th St & Stout St.
- Broadway & 18th St.
- 16th Ave. & Broadway
Students are invited to use B-Cycle to commute to school. There is a station just blocks from the school. Sign up online at Denver.Bcycle.com and use promo code EG14. $5 from each membership will go to the Emily Griffith Foundation.
The following plan has been put in place to assure that the physical resources provide for the protection of the health and safety of students, faculty, administrative staff, and visitors. The schedules below have been adopted and are in use to ensure the existing physical plant at all locations provides adequate, safe, and clean facilities with appropriate supporting utilities for classrooms, laboratories/shops, offices, rest rooms, lounges and meeting rooms.
Daily cleaning schedules:
- Regular dust mopping, floors, vacuum carpets, stairwells, clean glass and door glass, mop floors as needed.
- Restroom cleaning daily: Sweep, trash, clean with Kaivac machine. Check, pick up debris, touch up and restock paper and soap throughout the day.
- Scrub and burnish main halls daily per schedule with automatic scrubber.
- Remove trash from all classrooms, offices, common areas including outside and sweep pick up debris, weeds, and trim trees. Snow removal.
- Clean, dust window sills, vertical surfaces, dust vents in restrooms.
- Periodics: detail of glass, corners, edges of floors, clean A.C. unit filters, walls, trashcans, stairwells.
- Extract various carpets as needed on Saturdays and nights.
- Deep scrub Deli floors, burnish.
- Daily: Steam boilers water columns are blown down (Low water cut off) while the boilers are firing which proves the boilers are working safely and keep the chamber clear.
- Check water pressure, temperature, domestic water temp, receiver tank level, pump status, air compressor gauge readings for tank and oil pressure, also oil level.
- Weekly: flush mud leg to clean out buildup of rust.
- Check univents often to ensure functioning to allow air flow in the summer and heat in the winter. Filters are changed twice a year and units oiled.
- Replace electrical outlets, ballasts, and light tubes as needed. Submit work order to DPS maintenance for any issues and/or repairs outside of custodial certification.
- Weekly Building Inspections with facility team and action plan to address any areas of concern. This includes cleaning of restrooms, classrooms, grounds, common areas, and maintenance issues.
- Monthly Quality Assurance with QA Coordinator covering all aspects of the building. Follow up with Zach Hermsen with any feedback on his concerns.
- Monthly meeting with department director on any building maintenance issues, contractors that are currently involved in repairs, status of maintenance, and updates on future and current affairs.
Margey Miroslavich is the primary contact for any facility related needs and concerns from maintenance questions, to construction, to community use. People may e-mail her at Margey_Miroslavich@dpsk12.org or call the custodial office at 720-423-4812.
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.
Planning an event? Let Emily's Catering help. Check out our catering menu.... more »