Location, Address and Parking
Emily Griffith Technical College and High School
EGTC is centrally located in downtown Denver across from the Convention Center with easy access to RTD bus routes and light rail.
1250 Welton Street
Denver, CO 80204
The school does not provide parking for students. There is metered street parking around the school, ample access to RTD bus routes and light rail. Parking passes may be purchased by students attending during the day, for $65 per month for the 5th floor of the Justice Center parking garage off 14th Ave. and Delaware St. Students can purchase these by contacting DPW Parking at 1-800-877-9984 or Carese@douglasparking.com. Please pay by cash or check at the drop box on the 5th floor of the above parking facility. Make checks payable to DPW Parking.
Evening parking is also available at a nominal fee in the Treasurer's Office, Room 239.
The following plan has been put in place to assure that the physical resources provide for the protection of the health and safety of students, faculty, administrative staff, and visitors. The schedules below have been adopted and are in use to ensure the existing physical plant at all locations provides adequate, safe, and clean facilities with appropriate supporting utilities for classrooms, laboratories/shops, offices, rest rooms, lounges and meeting rooms.
Daily cleaning schedules:
- Regular dust mopping, floors, vacuum carpets, stairwells, clean glass and door glass, mop floors as needed.
- Restroom cleaning daily: Sweep, trash, clean with Kaivac machine. Check, pick up debris, touch up and restock paper and soap throughout the day.
- Scrub and burnish main halls daily per schedule with automatic scrubber.
- Remove trash from all classrooms, offices, common areas including outside and sweep pick up debris, weeds, and trim trees. Snow removal.
- Clean, dust window sills, vertical surfaces, dust vents in restrooms.
- Periodics: detail of glass, corners, edges of floors, clean A.C. unit filters, walls, trashcans, stairwells.
- Extract various carpets as needed on Saturdays and nights.
- Deep scrub Deli floors, burnish.
- Daily: Steam boilers water columns are blown down (Low water cut off) while the boilers are firing which proves the boilers are working safely and keep the chamber clear.
- Check water pressure, temperature, domestic water temp, receiver tank level, pump status, air compressor gauge readings for tank and oil pressure, also oil level.
- Weekly: flush mud leg to clean out buildup of rust.
- Check univents often to ensure functioning to allow air flow in the summer and heat in the winter. Filters are changed twice a year and units oiled.
- Replace electrical outlets, ballasts, and light tubes as needed. Submit work order to DPS maintenance for any issues and/or repairs outside of custodial certification.
- Weekly Building Inspections with facility team and action plan to address any areas of concern. This includes cleaning of restrooms, classrooms, grounds, common areas, and maintenance issues.
- Monthly Quality Assurance with QA Coordinator covering all aspects of the building. Follow up with Zach Hermsen with any feedback on his concerns.
- Monthly meeting with department director on any building maintenance issues, contractors that are currently involved in repairs, status of maintenance, and updates on future and current affairs.
Margey Miroslavich is the primary contact for any facility related needs and concerns from maintenance questions, to construction, to community use. People may e-mail her at Margey_Miroslavich@dpsk12.org or call the custodial office at 720-423-4812.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Clinical) Informational Meeting
Time: 11:30am to 12:30pm
TCF Hiring Event
Time: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Manufacturing Hiring Event at Broomfield Workforce Center
Time: 9:00am to 11:00am
Emily's Deli is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students on the first floor (garden level) at the corner of 13th St. and Welton St. ... more »