Professional Baking and Design Program
The Professional Baking and Design Program provides training for individuals who wish to enter a dynamic segment of the food service industry. Specialty bake shops, supermarkets, discount chains and delicatessens are all expanding into the "hot bakery" field. Students can start this program at anytime.
Why consider Professional Baking?
Obtain hands-on training, preparing baked goods for Emily Griffith's 12th Street Deli
Start working as a baker upon completion of program
Work in an exciting creative food industry
Flexible work schedule
100% job placement
Begin working after 1.5 months of training
What's the average pay for professional baking and culinary arts jobs?
- Hourly Pay = $12.97
- Annual Salary = $26,980+Bonus
- Hourly Pay = $14.09
- Annual Salary = $29,310+Bonus
- Hourly Pay = $9.73
- Annual Salary = $20,240+Tip
What types of companies can I work for?What types of jobs can I choose?
- Catering firms
- Country clubs
- Cruise ships
- Grocery stores
- Nursing homes
- Pastry chef
Program Start Dates:
- Day Program: August 12, 2013, September 9, 2013, October 7, 2013, November 4, 2013, January 6, 2014, February 5, 2014, March 3, 2014 and April 7, 2014.
- Eventing Program: Hybrid online classes with monthy start dates.
- Day Program: Monday - Friday; 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Evening Program: Monday - Thursday; 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Total Contact Hours: 112.50
- Total Credit Hours: 10.00
- Estimated Program Cost: $1,225.00 plus books and materials
- Estimated Time to Complete : day program - 7 weeks; evening program - 20 weeks.
- The estimated costs are for reference only. Exact prices will be assigned during the registration process.
Financial Aid Office: 720-423-4744
Financial Aid Fax: 720-423-4903
Hours: M-W 8am-6pm; TH-F 8am-3pm
Note: Not all programs qualify. Please click on the Cost tab to see if your program qualifies.