The Program Testing Center at Emily Griffith Technical College (EGTC) offers a broad range of quality assessment testing services for students, faculty, and other campus and community partners. The Center provides testing and proctoring services through adhering to the regulations and guidelines established by the National College Testing Association (NCTA), outside test companies, and EGTC faculty. Our professional staff members are dedicated to maintaining the highest compliance with institutional, state and federal regulations regarding the confidentiality of testing candidate records. While confidentiality is an important part of our process, we are committed to offering positive, collaborative and courteous services to students, faculty, and staff in the metro Denver community.
Committed to Integrity
A commitment to academic integrity is essential to the mission of Emily Griffith Technical College. Academic dishonesty violates the foundation of education, undermines the experiences within the instructional setting, and negatively impacts the needs of business and industry. This applies to any and all student experiences at the school (including taking the entrance exam) and in affiliate programs (including internships, clinical programs, online classes, etc.). The policy also applies to Any violation of this policy in which academic credit is involved may result in immediate program termination and loss of program credit.
The following terms are a broad overview, but not an all-encompassing definition, of what constitutes a violation of academic integrity: cheating, plagiarism, fabrication, forgery, unauthorized collaboration, participation in academically dishonest activities, and facilitating academic dishonesty. For more information, please see pages 29-30 in the EGTC Student Handbook.
Programs that Require TABE Reading Test Only:
Estimated Testing Time: 1 hour
Programs that Require TABE Reading and Math Assessment:
Estimated Testing Time: 2.5 hours
Programs that Do Not Require a TABE Assessment:
GED Assessment for GED Classes
Total Estimated Testing Time: 3 hours
- Estimated testing time: 30 minutes
- Reading: Untimed, 1 hour average testing time
- Math: Untimed, 1.5 hour average testing time
Dexterity Testing is held on Fridays only from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon on a walk-in basis. Dexterity testing is a manual test to show hand/eye coordination. Average testing time is less than 20 minutes.
*Initial TABE Testing fee is free and each re-test is $15
*LPN Math re test is $15
A valid, government issued photo ID is required. This would include:
- Driver's License or state photo ID
- Permanent Resident Card (green card)
- Mexican Consulate Card
- Department of Corrections
- Military ID
Testing Center July 2014 Hours of Operation
Program entrance tests are done on a walk-in basis during the times listed below, in room 657 at 1860 Lincoln Street:
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Dexterity Testing: Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon only!
WorkKeys Assessment System
The WorkKeys Assessment System is used nationally as a comprehensive method for measuring, communicating and improving the common skills required for success and advancement in the workplace. Skills are quantitatively assessed in individuals, to help demonstrate the competencies employers are requesting of job applicants. Businesses can use the information to make hiring, job training, and promotion decisions.
WorkKeys is the assessment of choice for both the CareerReady Colorado Certificate and the National Career Readiness Certificate. The individual who takes the WorkKeys is eligible to receive the National Career Readiness Certificate upon completion of the test, and can qualify for the CareerReady Colorado Certificate. CareerReady Colorado is a state certificate that certifies job seeker skills. The certification creates common, objective standards for employment readiness and establishes meaningful skill criteria for workforce partners.
WorkKeys measures skills in Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information. There are four levels of achievement : the Bronze Level recipient has the necessary foundation skills for 35% of the jobs in the work place, a Silver Level recipient has the necessary foundation skills for 65% of the jobs in the work place, and a Gold Level recipient has the necessary basic skills for 90% of the jobs in the work place. A Platinum Level recipient has the highest level of skills measurable by this assessment.
- Bring a valid government-issued photo ID
- Cost: $40.00
- Estimated time: 3 - 4 hours
- Testing is by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please call 720.423.4773
By appointment only on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. or 3:00 p.m., or Thursday at 8:30 a.m. There is no Friday testing for WorkKeys.
Testing Expectations and Code of Conduct
1. There is no initial testing fee for students, however, students are responsible for paying the re-test fee of $15 for each additional re-test
2. Proper identification must be provided to the Testing Proctor prior to testing. All IDs must be either State or Government Issued
3. Utilize the material given to you by the Testing Proctor; no outside resources or devices can be used. This includes but is not limited to the use of calculators, dictionaries, translators, music players or PCs
4. Respect the integrity and intention of the test by not attempting to cheat or help others cheat
5. Respect the testing environment by providing a quiet and distraction-free center
6. All cellular devices must be turned off, if seen or heard by Testing Proctor, they will be confiscated and returned when testing has been completed
7. Refrain from writing or marking in the test booklets
8. Direct any questions or concerns to the Testing Proctor
Notice to Health Occupation Students: Make up tests must be completed in one sitting, breaks are not permitted
Need more information?
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.
Planning an event? Let Emily's Catering help. Check out our catering menu.... more »