The Program Testing Center at Emily Griffith Technical College offers a broad range of assessment testing services for students, faculty, and other campus and community partners. The Center provides testing and proctoring services through adhering to the regulations and guidelines established by the National College Testing Association (NCTA), outside test companies, and Emily Griffith faculty.
Our professional staff members are dedicated to maintaining the highest compliance with institutional, state and federal regulations regarding the confidentiality of testing candidate records. While confidentiality is an important part of our process, we are committed to offering positive, collaborative and courteous services to students, faculty, and staff in the metro Denver community.
Committed to Integrity
A commitment to academic integrity is essential to the mission of Emily Griffith Technical College. Academic dishonesty violates the foundation of education, undermines the experiences within the instructional setting, and negatively impacts the needs of business and industry. This applies to any and all student experiences at the school (including taking the entrance exam) and in affiliate programs (including internships, clinical programs, online classes, etc.). Any violation of this policy in which academic credit is involved may result in immediate program termination and loss of program credit.
The following terms are a broad overview, but not an all-encompassing definition, of what constitutes a violation of academic integrity: cheating, plagiarism, fabrication, forgery, unauthorized collaboration, participation in academically dishonest activities, and facilitating academic dishonesty. For more information, please see pages 29-30 in the Student Handbook.
Classroom Test Requirements
- Students must have valid government photo ID or student ID to test.
- Teacher will schedule test date.
- Testing must be done during official test hours.
- No breaks between tests.
- All personal items will be stored in assigned areas.
- No unapproved items will be allowed in testing room, unless approved by instructor. Examples are calculators, notes, etc.
- Testing proctor will keep completed tests and instructors will pick up in testing center and provide students with final test grade.
- All untretrieved tests left in testing center will be shredded for security reasons.
- Program Tests
- Testing Hours
- Paraprofessional Testing
- Code of Conduct
- Test Preparation
- Additional Study Materials
For programs that require the TABE Reading Test only, the estimated testing time is 1 hour.
For programs that require both the TABE Reading and Math tests, the estimated testing time is 2.5 hours.
|Program||TABE Reading Test Minimum Score Required||TABE Math Test Minimum Score Required|
|Culinary Arts||6||Not Required|
|Professional Baking||5||Not Required|
|Massage Therapy||8||Not Required|
|Hospitality Administration & Management||8||Not Required|
|Video Production & Editing||7||7|
|Legal Office||10||Not Required|
|Medical Administrative Assistant||10||Not Required|
|Nurse Assisting||10||Not Required|
|Dental Assisting||12||Not Required|
|LPN Pre-Requisites||12 (TABE Level A)||Not Required|
|LPN||12 (TABE Level A)||77% (Custom Math Test)|
|Automotive Collision Repair||4||4|
|CAD-Building Information Modeling||4||4|
|Water Quality Management||4||4|
|Geographic Information Systems||4||4|
TABE Equivalency Requirements
If you have taken the ACT or SAT test in the last 3 years or the Accuplacer, CASAS, or CCPT test in the last year, you may be able to waive the TABE test. You can view the TABE equivalency requirements here.
GED Assessment for GED Classes
Total Estimated Testing Time: 2.5 hours
- Reading: Untimed, 1 hour average testing time
- Math: Untimed, 1.5 hour average testing time
*Initial TABE Testing fee is free and each re-test is $15
A valid, government issued photo ID is required. This would include:
- Driver's License or state photo ID
- Permanent Resident Card (green card)
- Mexican Consulate Card
- Department of Corrections
- Military ID
Testing Center Hours of Operation
Program entrance tests are done on a walk-in basis during the times listed below, in room 657 at 1860 Lincoln Street:
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
As of March 1st, 2018, Emily Griffith Technical College is no longer administering Work Keys exams. Instead, we offer the TABE Reading & Math test for all DPS Paraprofessionals. Tests will be $15. Retests will be $15 as well.
Testing is available at any time during the following hours (offices are closed most holidays -- check for closures on the main page):
Monday-Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Questions? Please reach out to your DPS Talent Representative.
Testing Expectations and Code of Conduct
1. There is no initial testing fee for students, however, students are responsible for paying the re-test fee of $15 for each additional re-test
2. Proper identification must be provided to the Testing Proctor prior to testing. All IDs must be either State or Government Issued
3. Utilize the material given to you by the Testing Proctor; no outside resources or devices can be used. This includes but is not limited to the use of calculators, dictionaries, translators, music players or PCs
4. Respect the integrity and intention of the test by not attempting to cheat or help others cheat
5. Respect the testing environment by providing a quiet and distraction-free center
6. All cellular devices must be turned off, if seen or heard by Testing Proctor, they will be confiscated and returned when testing has been completed
7. Refrain from writing or marking in the test booklets
8. Direct any questions or concerns to the Testing Proctor
Notice to Health Occupation Students: Make up tests must be completed in one sitting, breaks are not permitted
Emily Griffith Technical College provides free test-prep using EdReady. EdReady builds a personalized learning path tailored to the entrance test(s) you will take. EdReady is a digital learning system you can access on any device. It is the easiest, fastest, most complete way to prepare.
To get started, find your key codes here. Then click the button below.
To determine whether you need to take a Reading-only TABE test, or both Reading and Math TABE tests, please see the Program Tests tab.
If you are interested in the LPN program, please use this Practice Reading Test.
If you are interested in the LPN program please use the LPN Math Practice Test to prepare for the LPN math test.
Need more information?
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.Hours:
Emily's Cafe is open to the public Monday,... more »