Water Quality Management Technician Program
The Water Quality Management Tech program prepares the student for entry level positions in the water utilities industry. Students enrolling in two instructional sessions per day (Full-Time) will be able to complete the entire program (15 credit hours) in one semester. Students enrolling in one session per day will complete the program in two semesters. Students completing this course of study will be prepared to take the level 1 exam.
Why consider Water Quality Management Classes?
Learn distribution, collection and treatment of water and wastewater
Hands-on laboratory analysis
Learn about wastewater reclamation and reuse
Learn how toxins are removed from water
Stable career opportunities with ample room for long-term advancement
Learn about water regulatory agencies and laws
What is the average pay for Water Quality Management jobs?
- Water Treatment Operations - $33,000 per year
- Water Distribution Operations - $27,000 per year
- Wastewater Collection Operations - $39,000 per year
- Wastewater Treatment Operations - $33,000 per year
What types of jobs can I choose?
- Collection and Distribution Technician
- Customer Service Representative
- Distribution System Worker
- Facilities Mechanic
- Facilities Operator
- Industrial Pretreatment Specialist
- Instrument Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Plant Maintenance Technician
- Process Technician
- Pump Station Operator
- Water Distribution Treatment Technician
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
- Water Meter Reader
- Water Utilities Technician
- Water Quality Analyst
What types of companies can I work for?
- Public and private water and wastewater utilities
Program Start Dates:
- Day Program: August 12, 2013, September 24, 2013, November 6, 2013, January 6, 2014, Februry 19, 2014 and April 9, 2014.
- Eventing Program: Hybrid online classes with monthy start dates.
- Day Program: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Evening Program:
- Total Credit Hours: 19.00
- Estimated Program Cost: $2,278.00
- Estimated Time to Complete: 4.5 months
- The estimated costs are for reference only. Exact prices will be assigned during the registration process.
Financial Aid Office: 720-423-4744
Financial Aid Fax: 720-423-4903
Hours: M-W 8am-6pm; TH-F 8am-3pm
Note: Not all programs qualify. Please click on the Cost tab to see if your program qualifies.
Need more information?
Manufacturing Hiring Event at Broomfield Workforce Center
Time: 9:00am to 11:00am
Pharmacy Technician Program Informational Meeting
Time: 3:00pm to 4:00pm
Practical Nurse/LPN Informational Meeting
Time: 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Emily's Deli is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students on the first floor (garden level) at the corner of 13th St. and Welton St. ... more »