Culinary Quick Start
Want a career in the restaurant industry?
Culinary Quick Start is a fast-track training program that prepares students to enter the workforce as a qualified prep or line cook. In just 4 weeks, students develop knife skills, learn cooking fundamentals, become Servsafe certified, and attend a hiring fair featuring opportunities available with some of the best restaurants and culinary companies in Denver. We also offer the iBest training model for language support and ESL.
Apply today to be on your way to a new career in a fast growing industry!
- NO COST to participants
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S. to be eligible
- No previous restaurant experience required
*All classes take place at the Emily Griffith Technical College main campus, located at 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO 80203.
- Kitchen 101 Vocabulary
- Kitchen Workplace Safety
- Food Safety
- Knife Skills & Safety
- Recipe Reading & Conversions
- Prep & Production
- Cooking Methods
- Ingredient Identification
- Vegetable Prep & Production
- Fruit Prep & Production
- Temperature Danger Zone
- Basic Sauces
- Mother Sauces
- ServSafe Certification Prep
Career Services Workshop: Hiring Fair Prep
- Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Networking
- What hiring chef's are looking for in candidates
- Career Pathways
Upcoming Related Events
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.Hours:
Emily's Cafe is open to the public Monday,... more »