- Classes are held virtually 4 nights per week for 3 weeks
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm and Thursday from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Due to Covid-19 we can only allow two students per night to attend classes in-person + a guest chef.
- The classes are filmed live – students watch the broadcast via Zoom and interact with the professional chefs/instructors throughout the class sessions.
- The classes are filmed, produced and broadcasted from The Modern Eater – Studio Kitchen Colorado.
In-person classes will be filmed so that students can also watch the sessions virtually.
No cost to students. No experience required.
Ready to get started in the culinary industry? Get your foot in the door with our fast, no-cost Culinary Quick Start program.
In our fast-track training program you’ll learn knife skills, learn cooking fundamentals, become ServSafe certified, and more. Train in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen and be ready to get a job in just three weeks.
This program is offered at NO – COST. There are no academic requirements, fees, books, or payments required. Please call us at 720-423-4700 with any questions.
You will need a computer, tablet or smartphone with internet access to participate.
If you’re looking for Culinary courses that begin after 5/10/21, please visit our Culinary Arts page.
Follow these steps to get enrolled now!
What can I do after completing the Culinary Quick Start program?
With Culinary Quick Start, you’ll be qualified to work as a prep or line cook. Plus, the program ends with a hiring fair featuring opportunities available with some of the best restaurants and culinary companies in Colorado.
- Kitchen 101 Vocabulary
- Kitchen Workplace Safety
- Food Safety
- Knife Skills & Safety
- Recipe Reading & Conversions
- Prep & Production
- Cooking Methods
- Ingredient Identification
- Vegetable Prep & Production
- Fruit Prep & Production
- Temperature Danger Zone
- Basic Sauces
- Mother Sauces
- ServSafe Certification Prep
- Career Services Workshop: Hiring Fair Prep
- Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Networking
- Industry Human Resources:
- What hiring chefs are looking for in candidates
- Career Pathways