Free college pathways program to a better career
Transition Programs Goal
The goal of these programs is to transition non-native English speakers into post-secondary career and technical programs at Emily Griffith Technical College and to:
- Raise TABE or CASAS reading test scores
- Increase reading fluency
- Give students academic success skills
- Provide student advising and support pre- and post-transitioning to college programs at Emily Griffith Technical College
- 8-week class with specific start dates. Click here for upcoming dates.
- Orientations, advising, and meetings with college advisors and instructors
- CASAS pre- and post-test
To be considered for a Transitions class, you must:
- Complete the TABE or CASA exam
- Meet with an advisor to help you select a career tech program you would like to complete
- Be ready to commit to attending class for 8 weeks
- Vocational Transitions: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Is a Transitions Program for You?
These classes are for adults who are improving their English and want to complete career certificate programs (i.e. Nursing, Computer Technician, Dental Assisting, Culinary Arts, Phlebotomy, Pharmacy Tech) at Emily Griffith Technical College. Transitions Programs help you improve the test score you need to enroll in technical college programs.
The programs are tuition-free for eligible students and qualifying students do not have to pay for the classes.
This eight-week class meets five days a week for two hours each day in the morning or four days a week for two and a half hours per day in the evening. The goal of this class is to transition non-native English speakers into career and technical programs at Emily Griffith Technical College. Students in this class will increase reading fluency, gain academic success skills, receive student advising, and earn a scholarship for career and technical certificate programs.
Our Partner in Education
The EGTC Transitions Programs are funded by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act.