Water Quality Management
The Water Quality Management program prepares the student for entry level positions in the water utilities industry. Students enrolling in one session per day will complete the program in two semesters. Students completing this course of study will be prepared to take the level 1 exam.
Dedicated scholarships are provided by MillerCoors for students 21 and over. Click here for the application.
Why consider Water Quality Management Classes?
Learn distribution, collection and treatment of water and wastewater
Hands-on laboratory analysis
Learn about wastewater reclamation and reuse
Learn how toxins are removed from water
Stable career opportunities with ample room for long-term advancement
Learn about water regulatory agencies and laws
What Does Water Quality Mean in Colorado?
What is the average pay for Water Quality Management jobs?
- Water Treatment Operations - $33,000 per year
- Water Distribution Operations - $27,000 per year
- Wastewater Collection Operations - $39,000 per year
- Wastewater Treatment Operations - $33,000 per year
What types of jobs can I choose?
- Collection and Distribution Technician
- Customer Service Representative
- Distribution System Worker
- Facilities Mechanic
- Facilities Operator
- Industrial Pretreatment Specialist
- Instrument Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Plant Maintenance Technician
- Process Technician
- Pump Station Operator
- Water Distribution Treatment Technician
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
- Water Meter Reader
- Water Utilities Technician
- Water Quality Analyst
What types of companies can I work for?
- Public and private water and wastewater utilities
2014 - 2015 Program Dates:
Part-Time (Evening) :
- 8/25/2014 – 2/9/2015
- 9/18/2014 – 3/5/2015
- 10/13/2014 – 4/6/2015
- 11/4/2015 – 4/29/2015
- 12/2/2014 – 5/21/2015
- 1/7/2015 – 6/16/2015
- 2/10/2015 – 7/16/2015
- 3/6/2015 – Approximately September 2015
- 4/7/2015 – Approximately October 2015
- 4/30/2015 – Approximately November 2015
- 5/26/2015 – Approximately December 2015
- 6/16/2015 – Approximately January 2016
- Evening: M-Th, 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Total Contact Hours: 337.50
- Total Credit Hours: 19.00
- Estimated Program Cost: $2,318.00 plus books and materials
- The estimated costs are for reference only. Exact prices will be assigned during the registration process.