Emily Griffith Technical College is the public, postsecondary and adult education arm of the Denver Public School system and is one of three area technical colleges in the Colorado Community College System.
Compared to other institutions, our admissions process is unique.
Submit your FREE application.
Information you will need for your application:
- Social security number
- Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado ID Card information
- If you are under 23, you may need some information from a parent or guardian
- If you have official transcripts, test scores or diploma upload them with your application.
Need help with filling out an application? Contact Admissions at 720-423-4700
NOTE: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) helps protect the privacy of student education records. Students must submit an Authorization for Release of Records in order to give someone outside the college access to their educational records or accounts.
2. Meet Program Requirements
If you do not have official transcripts, test scores or a high school diploma that is less than 5 years old, you will need to demonstrate you are ready for college-level coursework. Read more about Meeting Program Requirements here.
All health programs require the student to complete a background check, drug screening and obtain several vaccinations before they can be placed at a clinical site. Clinical internships are a requirement for successful completion of their program. Students will need a valid social security number for the background check to be processed. Inability to provide a valid social security number may result in a clinical facility’s refusal to accept a student for placement. Please see emilygriffithtechnicalcollegecompliance.com for more details. Click here for a full list of disqualifying offenses.
3. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
We want to help you minimize the cost of classes. FAFSA is your gateway to state and federal grants, scholarships, and work-study funds. For Career and Technical Education students, to qualify for Federal and State aid, you will need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Federal school code for Emily Griffith is 005596. To schedule a virtual appointment for help with your FAFSA, call the Educational Opportunity Center at 303-352-8746. The FAFSA is only applicable for our Financial Aid eligible programs. To learn more about applying for scholarships, click here.
After you have submitted your application and successfully met program requirements, your Career Navigator will send a link to submit an online registration request form. If you have submitted an application, but have not yet received a message about registration, reach out to your Career Navigator.
- You must complete ALL admissions steps to be eligible to submit a registration request. Your Career Navigator will notify you of any missing information. Once all admissions information has been received, you will need to submit a registration request.
- You will be registered for your requested program on a first-come, first-serve basis. If your requested program is full, you will be placed on a waitlist and your Navigator will let you know.
- After you are registered, your Career Navigator will email you a copy of your schedule and payment information.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the registration process, please reach out to your Career Navigator or call us at 720-423-4700
Payment is due within ten (10) business days of your registration. If payment is not received by the deadline, you will be dropped from your courses. Please visit the Tuition & Payment page for more information.
6. COMPLETE ORIENTATION
Each program requires a mandatory orientation.