From the first day Emily Griffith Technical College opened its doors more than 100 years ago, this college was committed to providing a real-world education for real budgets. That’s in our DNA.
Today, scholarships and financial aid are an important part of our educational access. Here’s a snapshot of how tuition and financial aid break down at Emily Griffith:
|Average program tuition||$6,590|
|Average financial aid award||– $5,090|
|Average out-of-pocket cost||$1,500|
What’s the one thing to remember about financial aid?
Apply! Even if you don’t think you’ll qualify, apply anyway. Most of our students receive some sort of grant or scholarship, or benefit from programs paid for by the government.
Here’s how to start:
- Complete the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov. This is your gateway to most types of financial aid. You must be accepted into a qualified federal financial aid program to be considered. The Emily Griffith Federal School Code is 005596.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). After submitting the FAFSA, you will receive your SAR by email link (assuming you provided a valid email address). It will summarize your FAFSA information and provide insight into your financial aid eligibility. Correct anything that’s wrong on your FAFSA.
- Verify your information. The law says that before offering Federal student Aid, we may ask you to confirm the information you reported on your FAFSA. To very that you provided correct information, we will compare your FAFSA with the information on this worksheet and with any other required documents. If there are differences, your FAFSA information will be corrected.
- Review your aid offer from Emily Griffith. (Keep in mind, your financial aid file will not be completed until you have been accepted into a Pell Eligible program and you are eligible to register.)
Want help with the FAFSA? Contact the Education Opportunity Center at 303-352-8746 to schedule an appointment.
As part of the financial aid process you might be asked to submit information in addition to your FAFSA.
Scholarships at Emily Griffith
Emily Griffith offers additional financial aid in the form of scholarships. Unlike student loans, scholarships don’t need to be paid back!
- Are you enrolling in an Emily Griffith certificate program? Apply for a scholarship here.
- Are you taking English-language classes through the Language Learning Center? Then apply for scholarships here.
Financial Aid Definitions
Financial aid has its own language. Here’s a brief guide to help decipher the terms:
Grants: These are funds you might receive because your FAFSA showed you qualified for need-based aid. Grants don’t have to be paid back.
Scholarships: Scholarships also don’t need to get paid back. You might receive a scholarship because of financial need, academic merit or other criteria.
Work-study: These are state funds that you can earn by working at Emily Griffith.
Loans: Loans are funds that must be repaid. Emily Griffith does not offer loans as part of its financial aid packages.
SAP: Satisfactory Academic Progress is earning good grades and completing your classes (credits, hours, etc.) to keep moving toward successfully completing your certificate.
Need more information?
Emily Griffith Financial Aid
Location: 1860 Lincoln Street, 6th Floor
Hours of operation:
Monday-Wednesday 7:30 a.m-6 p.m.
Thursday 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.-noon