The Emily Griffith Technical College Welding program will provide you with the skills necessary to be certifiable for any type of welding employment. We offer training in areas no other program in Colorado covers such as exotic metals including magnesium, titanium and copper just to name a few. Welding processes covered are Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) often referred to as stick welding, Oxy-Fuel welding often referred to as OFW welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) often referred to as MIG welding, Flux Cored Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) often referred to as TIG welding, open plate, and pipe welding. All curriculum exceeds current American Welding Society standards. Our welding programs include all processes and will train you in the ability to weld in any position. Completion of any level results in receiving an AWS wallet card.
Apply now to Emily Griffith Technical College and start your journey to a new career today!
Why consider Welding?
Welding is among the highest paid construction occupations.
America is seeing a shortage of welders, read the article.
We offer substantial support in job placement.
You will receive the training you need to have the ability to choose from a wide variety of careers.
We offer flexible training schedules including full time, part time, days and evenings.
Our Welding program is affordable, attainable and will provide you with the opportunity to graduate debt free.
What is the average pay for a welding professional?
Information on salary potential can be found on indeed.com.
- Aircraft industry welder
- Auto repair welding
- Custom motorcycle, bicycle and automobile fabrication
- Boiler maker
- Custom fabricator
- Iron worker
- Pipe fitter/welder
- Steam fitter
- Pipe liner
- Welding equipment and supply sales
- Underwater welding
Welding Program Details
2014 - 2015 Program Dates:
Level 1 and 2 Full-Time (a.m. and p.m.) :
- 8/25/2014 – Approximately September 2015
Level 1 Full-Time (a.m. and p.m.) :
- 8/25/2014 – 3/24/2015
- 12/1/2014 – 7/7/2015
Level 1 Part-Time (a.m., p.m. or Evening) :
- 8/25/2014 – Approximately October 2015
- Full-Time: M-Th, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- AM: M-Th, 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- PM: M-Th, 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Evening: M-Th, 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Qualified Federal Financial Aid Program
- Total Credit Hours: 88.00
- Estimated Program Cost: $15,224.00 plus books and materials
- The estimated costs are for reference only. Exact prices will be assigned during the registration process.