The Emily Griffith Technical College Welding program teaches the skills necessary to pass state welder tests in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Oxy-Acetylene, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), open plate, and pipe welding. Students will meet American Welding Society (AWS) standards. Certification is available in SMAW and GMAW. Larger welding programs include all processes and in all positions for level one, level two and level three. Smaller programs are one process and one level certifcation.
Why consider Welding?
Among the highest paid construction occupations
High job placement rate
Flexible schedules available, including days and evenings
Choose from a wide variety of careers
Learn all processes of welding: FCAW, GMAW, GTAW, and SMAW
American Welding Society (AWS) Certified
America is seeing a shortage of welders, read the article
What is the average pay for a film and video editor?
- Hourly Pay = $14.03
- Annual Salary = $29,742
- Hourly Pay = $29.52
- Annual Salary = $61,398
What types of jobs can I choose to learn?
- Computer-generated imaging
- Digital filming and editing
- Film and video Editor
- Multimedia artist and animator
- Training film producer
- Television, video, and motion picture camera operator
- Video journalism
- Video story telling
- Video production
- Video production assistant
What types of companies can I work for?
- Advertising agencies
- Branding & promotion agencies
- Cable Television
- Commercial production
- Educational videos
- Event and concert production companies
- Event equipment rentals and sales companies
- Extreme/sporting events
- Feature film producing companies
- Industrial video
- Integrated marketing & communication companies
- Internet production
- Marketing and promotion firms
- News media
- Not-for-profit organizations
Welding Program Details
2014 - 2015 Program Dates:
Level 1 and 2 Full-Time (a.m. and p.m.) :
- 8/25/2014 – Approximately September 2015
Level 1 Full-Time (a.m. and p.m.) :
- 8/25/2014 – 3/24/2015
- 12/1/2014 – 7/7/2015
Level 1 Part-Time (a.m., p.m. or Evening) :
- 8/25/2014 – Approximately October 2015
- Full-Time: M-Th, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- AM: M-Th, 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- PM: M-Th, 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Evening: M-Th, 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Qualified Federal Financial Aid Program
- Total Credit Hours: 88.00
- Estimated Program Cost: $15,224.00 plus books and materials
- The estimated costs are for reference only. Exact prices will be assigned during the registration process.