The Pre-Academic and Community English (PACE) program is our academic English program that helps students improve their everyday English and develop skills to excel in their education, employment, and community. Students can take multiple classes at a time to focus on the language skills of their choice.
PACE classes are open to all English language learners, regardless of immigration status.
**Students in PACE classes are not eligible for a Student Visa.
Tuition varies by class selection and ranges from $140.00 to $500.00* per class each 8-week term. Students may qualify for a scholarship although it is not guaranteed.
*Subject to change
Location and Registration Information
1860 Lincoln St. Denver, CO 80203
|Registration Times||Monday & Tuesday from 8:30 am – 6:00 pm|
Wednesday & Thursday from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Friday from 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
The PACE Program has 5 eight-week terms per year. Students can apply at any time. Registration is available online or in-person during the 3 weeks prior to term start dates.
|Open Registration Period||Class Period|
|January 9, 2023 – March 9, 2023|
|February 13, 2023 – March 7, 2023||March 13, 2023 – May 18, 2023|
|May 1, 2023 – May 23, 2023||May 30, 2023 – July 27, 2023|
Registration Steps for New Students
New students can complete step 1 at any time. Registration steps 2-6 must be completed during the registration period. Returning students who have not studied at Emily Griffith in the last year will be required to complete steps 2 – 6. Registration updates and reminders will be sent via email after completing the application.
- Apply online at emilygriffith.edu TODAY!
- Complete placement test in person or online
- In-Person Testing at Emily Griffith Technical College – 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO (Hours: Monday – Tuesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; Wednesday – Thursday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm)
- Online test will be sent by email during open registration period
- Choose classes based on level determined by placement test
- Class selection available in person or online through Google Form
- Navigator will register you for class(es) and give you class details
- Pay tuition before your first day of class
- Students who need financial help can apply for a scholarship
- Start classes!
|Classes||Level||Time of Day||Format|
|Integrated Skills||1, 2, 3, 4||Morning||In-Person|
|Multi Skills||1, 2, 3*, 4*||Morning, Evening, and Saturday||In-Person and Online*|
|Grammar||1, 2, 3, 4||Morning||In-Person|
|Reading and Writing||1, 2, 3, 4||Morning||In-Person|
|Conversation||1, 2, 3, 4||Afternoon and Evening||In-Person|
|Pronunciation||2, 3, 4, 5||Afternoon and Evening||In-Person and Online|
|Vocational Transitions||4, 5||Morning and Evening||Online|
Come in: 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO 80203 – 6th floor Welcome Desk
Se habla español.