You're creative. You like people. Being on the cutting edge is your idea of fun. And, you think you might like to be your own boss someday. Welcome to the beauty and fashion industry.
The Cosmetology program will prepare you to work as a cosmetologist, hairstylists, and manicurist. You'll gain the skills to provide beauty services such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, styling, manicures, and pedicures. This program will also prepare you to pass the state-licensing exam given by the Colorado Barber/Cosmetology Board.
You might also be interested in our Barbering Program.
2015-2016 Program Dates
Full-Time (M-Th, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- 8/24/2015 – Approximately December 2016
- 1/4/2016 – Approximately April 2017
- 4/28/2016 – Approximately September 2017
Part-Time (M-Th, 5-9 p.m.)
- 8/24/2015 – Approximately April 2018
- 4/26/2016 – Approximately January 2019
- Qualified Federal Financial Aid Program
- Total Contact Hours: 1,367
- Total Credit Hours: 64.00
- Cost per Credit: $97 / $103
- Books and Additional Fees: $2,286
- Estimated Program Cost: $8,560
It's free to apply to Emily Griffith Technical College. You're under no obligation once you apply. Filling out an application allows us to connect you with people who can provide more information about your preferred studies and career goals.
- Hourly Pay = $9.17
- Annual Salary = $19,070
- Hourly Pay = $16.35
- Annual Salary = $34,018
To what types of jobs do these skills apply?
- Color consultant
- Nail tech
- Receptionist at salon
- Retail beauty product sales
- Salon manager or owner
What types of companies might hire me?
- Beauty schools
- Beauty supply companies
- Chain hair salons (Cost Cutters, Fantastic Sam's, Great Clips, etc.)
- Fashion industry: makeup artist or stylist
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Manicure shops
Upcoming Related Events
Emily's Barber Shop is open for business at 1860 Lincoln Street on the Salon/Mezzanine level. We're open 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Thursday and closed for lunch between 12 noon - 1 p.m. Barbering... more »