You're creative. You like people. Being on the cutting edge is your idea of fun. And, you think you might like to be your own boss someday. Welcome to the beauty and fashion industry.
The Cosmetology program will prepare you to work as a cosmetologist, hairstylists, and manicurist. You'll gain the skills to provide beauty services such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, styling, manicures, and pedicures. This program will also prepare you to pass the state-licensing exam given by the Colorado Barber/Cosmetology Board.
You might also be interested in our Barbering Program.
2015-2016 Program Dates
Full-Time (M-Th, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- 8/24/2015 – 7/19/2016
- 11/9/2015 – Approximately November 2016
- 2/11/2016 – Approximately February 2017
- 5/5/2016 – Approximately May 2017
Part-Time (M-Th, 5-9 p.m.)
- 8/24/2015 – Approximately July 2017
- 2/11/2016 – Approximately February 2018
- Qualified Federal Financial Aid Program
- Total Contact Hours: 1,367
- Total Credit Hours: 64.00
- Estimated Program Cost: $8,465.00 plus books and materials
- The estimated costs are for reference only. Exact prices will be assigned during the registration process.
What's the pay range for cosmetology jobs?
- Hourly Pay = $9.17
- Annual Salary = $19,070
- Hourly Pay = $16.35
- Annual Salary = $34,018
To what types of jobs do these skills apply?
- Color consultant
- Nail tech
- Receptionist at salon
- Retail beauty product sales
- Salon manager or owner
What types of companies might hire me?
- Beauty schools
- Beauty supply companies
- Chain hair salons (Cost Cutters, Fantastic Sam's, Great Clips, etc.)
- Fashion industry: makeup artist or stylist
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Manicure shops
Emily Griffith Technical College has been training Colorado's best cosmetologists for over 75 years. Emily's Salon offers a full selection of services, from haircuts, waves and coloring to facials and waxing services. All... more »
From our students...
I chose EGTC because I heard through my school it was the best, because it allowed me to get my certificate and still be on time with high school.