Financial Aid and Scholarships
To be considered for Financial Aid at Emily Griffith Technical College, including the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant, Colorado Student Grant, and Colorado Work Study, students must:
- Apply to Emily Griffith Technical College in a Qualified Federal Financial Aid Program/Pell-eligible program. Eligible programs are noted on the program webpage and in the catalog under the program title.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every academic year, the 2014-2015 form is now available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Emily Griffith Technical College Code is 005596.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Meet EGTC's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy requirements
- Not currently in default on a student loan or owe a refund to a Title IV financial aid program.
- Students enrolling after July 1, 2012, must have a High School Diploma or GED or completed home schooling. Students who have received aid prior to 7/1/12 will be grandfathered in.
- Male students between the ages of 18 and 25 must have registered for Selective Service
State Funded Assistance
To receive state funded assistance:
- Students must have lived in Colorado for at least one year and meet other eligibility requirements of FAFSA.
- Applications are the same for the Pell Grant.
- Applicants need to be enrolled in a Pell-eligible program at least halftime.
- Funding is limited.
Colorado Work Study
Participants earn money toward their training expenses by working part time. The Financial Aid Office attempts to place students in assignments that enhance their training. Funding is limited. The following are steps a student needs to take in order to be eligible for the Work-Study Program:
- Fill out a FAFSA application
- Be a Colorado Resident
- Be in a Pell eligible program
- Student must be attending at least 12 or more clock hours per week
- Student will need to have completed the financial aid process and ready to award
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Please contact Ramona Fox in the Financial Aid office if you are interested and meet the requirements.
Financial Aid Rules and Regulations
Students need to be prepared to pay initial costs (25% of tuition and fees plus 100% of books and materials) with their own funds since these types of financial aid do not provide immediate assistance.
Students may be able to receive more than one type of assistance. All financial aid is for undergraduate students. Federal and State student aid is awarded on a one-year basis. The award period begins July 1 and ends June 30 the following year. Students may apply for and receive financial aid during more than one award period. Financial aid students need to follow all rules and regulations of Emily Griffith Technical College.
A student must maintain a C average or better or P in a Pass/Fail course.
A student needs to demonstrate that he/she is making measurable progress toward program completion. A student may have 120 percent of program length to complete a program. For instance, a nine-month program may be completed in 10.8 months. Progress is measured on a monthly basis.
A student needs to meet the attendance policy for the program area. Attendance policies vary among departments, minimum is 80%.
Scholarships are available to supplement primary sources of payment for students' tuition and fees at Emily Griffith Technical College. We offer many scholarships based on program enrollment and financial need. Students must complete the following:
- Admission to an Emily Griffith Certificate Program
- A one page essay describing your financial need, educational and career goals, and how you would benefit from the scholarship
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- EGTC General Scholarship Application
The Kenneth King Scholarship is provided to students enrolled in the Starting Your Own Small Business professional development course.
The Lucky's Farmers Market Charitable Foundation Scholarship is provided to help refugee and asylee candidates fund their education. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee the awarding of scholarship funds.
There are scholarships that our students are eligible for that are offered from private organizations, not affiliated with EGTC. Below is a list of some of those scholarships.
There are $50 scholarships for students to apply toward GED prep course tuition.
Information about other financial aid sources is available as follows:
- Colorado Workforce Centers
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- Mayor's Office
- Major's Office of Economic Development (OED)
- Employer Sponsored Funding
- Special Needs Office
- Colorado State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- TANF Office
- TANF Educational Benefits
- Veteran's Counselor
- Veteran's Educational Benefits
2014 - 2015 Financial Aid Forms:
- Child Support Paid Documentation
- Dependent Student Aggregate Verification
- Dependent Student Custom Verification
- Dependent Student Household Resources Verification
- Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
- Independent Student Aggregate Verification
- Independent Student Custom Verification
- Independent Student Household Resources Verification
- Request for Dependency Override
- Selective Service Verification
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Unaccompanied Youth Form
- Verification of Dependent Student
- Verification of Independent Student
General Financial Aid and Scholarship Forms:
- Authorization for Federal Student Aid Fund Credits
- Financial Aid Cancellation
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- Professional Judgment
- Request for Approval of Tax Extension
- Request for Release of Student Information (FERPA)
- Scholarship Application
- Scholarship List
- Unusual Enrollment History Appeal
- Verification of Low Income
- Title IV Authorization
Need more information?
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.
Planning an event? Let Emily's Catering help. Check out our catering menu.... more »