Earn your High School Equivalency (GED®) certificate by taking preparation courses at Emily Griffith Technical College!
- You can prepare to earn your High School Equivalency certificate by taking one of the three eligible tests in the state of Colorado (GED, TASC, HiSET).
- Our experienced teachers provide direct instruction and our classes include discussion, interactive projects, and group work, unlike many other GED prep classes available, which are primarily computer-based.
- Classes have start dates throughout the year, as well as Saturday classes.
- Scholarships are available to help cover the cost of prep classes.
Learn more by filling out the form on this page. Our GED team will contact you!
What is the GED®?
The GED test is made up of 4 subjects, broken down into separate exams: Mathematical Reasoning, Reasoning Through Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science. You don't have to take all 4 tests at once, you can space them out. Learn more about the GED test and find testing sites here.
What makes the preparation classes at Emily Griffith different?
Many other GED preparation programs are computer-based, without a lot of hands-on learning. At Emily Griffith, our GED preparation classes are led by instructors who can help you tackle your trickiest subjects and who focus on discussion, interactive projects, and group work to help you learn important concepts!
Check out our program flyer to learn more.
Our morning and evening classes are tuition-based. Our afternoon classes are free.
Most of our students receive a $100 scholarship to help cover the cost of tuition-based classes. The scholarship is guaranteed if you are registered for classes, apply, and regularly attend and complete class with a Satisfactory.
Cost of class
Actual price you pay
*Does not include price of textbook.
Ready to register?
Step 1: Complete the free online admissions application.
Step 2: Come in to 1860 Lincoln St, 6th Floor, Denver, CO 80203 to take a free assessment.
Monday-Wednesday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday, 8:00am - 1:00pm
Friday, 8:00am - 10:00am
Step 3: Fill out the scholarship application.
Step 4: Meet with an advisor and register for classes.
Step 5: Pay for your classes at the Treasurer's Office.
Step 6: Attend class!
Weekday Course Schedule
Classes take place Monday through Thursday and run for 6 weeks.
- August 20, 2018 - September 26, 2018
- October 1, 2018 - November 7, 2018
- November 12, 2018 - December 19, 2018
- January 7, 2019 - February 13, 2019
- February 19, 2019 - March 21, 2019
- April 1, 2019 - May 8, 2019
- May 13, 2019 - June 19, 2019
|Language Arts Level 1||M-Th||9:00am - 11:00am||$170.28||$25|
|Language Arts Level 2||M-Th||9:00am - 11:00am||$170.28||$30|
|Math Level 1||M-Th||11:00am - 1:00pm||$170.28||$30|
|Math Level 2||M-Th||11:00am - 1:00pm||$170.28||$30|
|Language Arts Multi-level||M-Th||1pm - 4pm||FREE||$30|
|Math Multi-level||M-Th||1pm - 4pm||FREE||$30|
|Language Arts Level 2||M-Th||5:30pm - 7:30pm||$170.28||$30|
|Math Level 1||M-Th||5:30pm - 7:30pm||$170.28||$30|
|Math Level 2||M-Th||5:30pm - 7:30pm||$170.28||$30|
|Tutoring for Science & Social Studies||F||10am - 12pm||FREE||FREE|
Saturday Course Schedule
Classes take place on Saturdays and run for 8 weeks.
- August 25, 2018 - October 13, 2018
- October 20, 2018 - December 15, 2018
- January 12, 2019 - March 2, 2019
- March 9, 2019 - April 27, 2019
- May 4, 2019 - June 22, 2019
|Multi-Level Math/Language Arts||Sat||9:00am - 3:00pm||$185.76||$30|
*Books can be purchased and picked up at the Treasurer's Office when paying for classes.
GED®/Adult Basic Skills Preparation Attendance Policy
Students registered in GED®/Adult Basic Skills Preparation are held to a three absence maximum attendance policy per 45-hour block of instruction. Any student who misses the equivalent of three class sessions within a 45-hour block of instruction will be dropped from the course for non-participation without refund. Partial and full absences will be used to calculate the equivalent of three class sessions.
Take the next step to a rising career
Fill out this form for more info on the program you'd like to study.
Upcoming Related Events
Emily's Cafe is a product of our Culinary Arts Program. Our entrees are ordered, created, prepared, and served by our Culinary Arts students.Hours:
Emily's Cafe is open to the public Monday,... more »